I believe that beauty secrets should be shared amongst friends so today I am sharing one of my all time favorite secrets that really has so many purposes.
Organic Virgin Coconut oil is not just for moisturizing your skin, its packed with vitamins D, E, and K and it will truly change your life, like for real. I purchase mine from Trader Joes and its sold in a solid form but will turn to liquid in temperatures above 70 degrees. Most often I use it in my hair & also on my face/body, however I want to share a few other ways to use this gem of a product.
- Teeth Whiter - when mixed with baking soda
- Scalp conditioner - it soothes itchy an scalp and also promotes hair growth.
- Nutritional value- I use it in my morning green smoothies from time to time. Its rich in vitamins as mentioned above.
- Body Scrub - mix equal parts of OVCO + sugar in a separate container and keep it in your shower, its great for exfoliating your skin.
- Lip balm - a little dab will do the trick!
- Hair Deep conditioner - a thick coat of OVCO in the hair and let it sit for a couple of hours or you can speed the process up and sit under a hooded hair dryer. It works ahh-mazing for damaged hair.
- Eye makeup remover - place a small about on a cotton square it it removes eye shadow & mascara.
- Cuticle Cream - perfect for those at home mani & pedi’s if you are in between manicurist visits.
- Massage Oil - OVCO is easily warmed by the hands and leaves the soft tropical scent as well as silky smooth skin!
So there you have it! I spilled one of my favorite beauty secrets, what’s one of yours?